Chickpea & Tribute ale pancakes
With a melange of spring vegetables
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients followed by the Tribute ale with a large balloon whisk.
- Leave the batter to rest and ferment for an hour.
- Prepare the spring vegetables by boiling them separately and refreshing them in cold water.
- Keep aside in a cool place.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan and drizzle a little olive oil on it.
- Pour a little of the chickpea batter and spread evenly on the pan.
- Cook the pancake for a minute and flip over.
- Continue the process until you have used up the batter.
To serve: Place the chickpea pancake (also called ‘Socca’ or ‘pudla’) in the middle of a serving plate and top with a generous amount of the spring vegetable mix.
Enjoy the pancakes with a savory yoghurt dip, spicy relishes and Tribute Ale.
Ingredients for 6 pancakes
For the batter 300ml:
50g chickpea flour
150 ml milk
5g cumin powder
5g turmeric powder
50ml Tribute Ale
For the topping:
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 baby carrot, boiled and sliced
1 baby corn, boiled and sliced
4 mange tout or snow pea, boiled and sliced
A few pea tendrils to garnish